Born out of the merger of two firms, Ragland Watkins and Steve Cox joined forces in 1988 to create the firm of Watkins & Cox (now Cox Architecture, P.A.).
Our history begins in 1957 when Mr. Watkins began his firm in McComb, Mississippi. Mr. Cox opened his practice in 1984 after having been employed by Mr. Watkins. We worked together on projects in this area through December of 1994, at which time Mr. Watkins retired. In 2007, the firm name was changed to Cox Architecture, P.A. Since 1994, Steve Cox has led the firm and has been involved in many projects ranging from multi-million dollar facilities to much smaller works.
Cox Architecture employs the highest quality engineering consultants in the State of Mississippi, and, together, we work with our clients to develop their projects in the most advantageous way possible.
A significant part of the art of architecture involves refining the Owner’s program as required to fit his needs and his budget. We have been very successful in designing beautiful, functional projects within budgetary constraints. We are also sensitive to the element of time as it relates to the building project. Each Owner establishes his/her own time frame and we work within the time allotted to develop a successful project.